About Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre
Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre is owned and run by Jon, Charlotte and Julian Warman. Together they are developing a purpose built equestrian competition centre in Somerset.
Charlotte and Jon both have extremely strong sporting backgrounds and together they are channelling their skills into developing this high quality equine sports arena.
Charlotte’s equestrian career has taken her across the world but started from the day she was born as her father was in the Blues and Royal Cavalry. Growing up on Exmoor, hunting with various packs, pony club and weekends at Taunton vale polo club. She secured a job working with the Ellerston Polo Team where she was a groom. She also groomed and was yard manager for a French High goal polo team based at Chantilly, travelling extensively across Europe grooming for the team and various Argentine professionals, managing the Ghantoot Polo Team at the World Championships on snow in St Moritz. Other opportunities included working in Argentina. Charlotte’s polo career spanned over 11 years. Charlotte has worked on a team which has won the Gold cups in England, France and Spain. In 2002 Charlotte returned to the South West where she continued being actively involved with hunting, riding clubs and other local equestrian groups.
Jon until 2 years ago was actively involved in the sport of Tug of War. He represented England and Great Britain for over 15 years as anchor man, along with the Bristol based team Felton Eccles. He has represented England and Great Britain all over the world including America, South Africa, the World games in Taiwan and Colombia and Germany. His accomplishments include:
2 x World gold medals, 2 x World silver, 4 x World bronze, 1 x European gold, 1 x European silver, 4 x European bronze, 5 x UK gold, and 18 National golds.
Our Accreditations & Involvements
- BRC Area 12 National rep 2017 – 2021
- Area 12 Secretary for BRC 2006 – 2017
- Horse Steward at the Royal Bath and West for the past 20 years
- BRC Official Steward and Area 12 National Rep.
- CRB Enhanced Checked
- BHS Child Protection and Welfare Certificated
- Holders of a current HSE First Aid at Work certificate
- Pony club accreditation
- BD approved venue
- BS approved venue
- BS level 3 course builder – Jonathan
- BD probationary/ Level 1 official steward – Charlotte
- BS trainee Judge – Charlotte
- Neue Schule qualified, Lantra certified professional Equine Bit and bridle fitter. – Charlotte
Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre’s Services & Facilities
- Private Venue Hire
- Venue Hire For Competitions & Clinics
- Professional Bitting consultations and clinics. With Charlotte Warman bitting solutions
- 60 x 90m Outdoor All-weather Surfaced Flood Lit Arena
- Hard standing Parking
- Day and Overnight Stabling Available
- Grass Arenas within 10 acres of flat mature grass land
- Toilet block & Office
- Mobile Catering Unit offered by Hot Nosh
- Appointed Venue Photographers Available
- Online entry system through www.equoevents.co.uk
Together Jon, Charlotte and Julian will continue to develop Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre with a long term plan for future accreditations and facilities.
How Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre Started In 2011
Purchased in 2008 the 8 acre site was originally an intensive pig farm. It required great vision and investment by Jon, Charlotte and Julian Warman to transform the site into one of the leading outdoor equestrian centres in Somerset. With a lot of hard work, long hours and some very supportive friends, professionals and advisors, Kings Sedgemoor Equestrian Centre became a reality in July 2012.
“Here is how we did it!”
Event Status: Going Ahead
A361 – OPEN as Normal
Good news everyone, the A361 is open as normal.
Body Protector changes from 1st January 2024
From January 1st . The body protector rules will apply to Pony club, Riding Club, NSEA, and BE so don't...
British Dressage Test Changes for Summer of 2024
British Dressage is pleased to release plans for the launch of new tests and changes to the BD test structure...